I’ll keep with the list formatLazy.
- I’m lazy. If there is a way to do something that requires less energy expenditure on my part, I’ll do it that way. Some might call that efficient. Resourceful? Nah, probably just lazy.
- I love breastfeeding. This may seem in direct opposition of what I stated only days ago here. But it’s not without it’s perks. It’s the cure to everything. Tantrums. Bumped head. Busted lip on the coffee tableEasy fix! Plus it makes her happy and the sound of her crying breaks my heart so it’s a no brainer really. Bullet 1 and 2 may or may not have any correlation.
- I don’t read to my toddler. Don’t get me wrong, I buy her lots of books. I always buy a book and think “This time will be different. She’ll curl up on my lap and soak in the story of The Hungry Caterpillar!” Nope. Anyone with a toddler knows this is not how the scene unfolds. And trust me, I was a huge advocate for reading to babies until I had a baby. It’s a physical impossibility.
- I have driven to Starbucks for coffee in the morning before changing Isla’s diaper. What’s another 10 minutes? Plus I need at least one shot of espresso in my bloodstream to handle the ninja that is Isla having her diaper changed.
- I am convinced that anyone and everyone is a serial killer. Everyone. No one is exempt. If one of my friends turned out to be a serial killer and a reporter said “Did you ever suspect?” I would totally be like “Yes, I always suspected. Always.” This neurosis developed sometime between the first and second trimester of pregnancy.
- I’m currently obsessed with the song “Clarity” by Zedd feat. Foxes. Don’t know who Zedd is, or Foxes. Don’t care.
- I believe that a roach has crawled into the bottom of any can of soda left unattended for more than 2 minutes. It’s a long story why I believe that but I’m sure you can use your imagination to figure out why I’d have such a phobia.
- Even when a bathroom is easily accessible, I hold by pee until the last possible second.
- I love that I can hear beach birds from the parking lot of the hospital where I work. It makes working on a holiday weekend not so bad.
- I love Isla so much that it scares me a little.
That’s all I can think of for this installment!!! Plus I need to save some for next time!