I’ll keep with the list format 🙂 Lazy.
- I’m lazy. If there is a way to do something that requires less energy expenditure on my part, I’ll do it that way. Some might call that efficient. Resourceful? Nah, probably just lazy.
- I love breastfeeding. This may seem in direct opposition of what I stated only days ago here. But it’s not without it’s perks. It’s the cure to everything. Tantrums. Bumped head. Busted lip on the coffee table 🙁 Easy fix! Plus it makes her happy and the sound of her crying breaks my heart so it’s a no brainer really. Bullet 1 and 2 may or may not have any correlation.
- I don’t read to my toddler. Don’t get me wrong, I buy her lots of books. I always buy a book and think “This time will be different. She’ll curl up on my lap and soak in the story of The Hungry Caterpillar!” Nope. Anyone with a toddler knows this is not how the scene unfolds. And trust me, I was a huge advocate for reading to babies until I had a baby. It’s a physical impossibility.
- I have driven to Starbucks for coffee in the morning before changing Isla’s diaper. What’s another 10 minutes? Plus I need at least one shot of espresso in my bloodstream to handle the ninja that is Isla having her diaper changed.
- I am convinced that anyone and everyone is a serial killer. Everyone. No one is exempt. If one of my friends turned out to be a serial killer and a reporter said “Did you ever suspect?” I would totally be like “Yes, I always suspected. Always.” This neurosis developed sometime between the first and second trimester of pregnancy.
- I’m currently obsessed with the song “Clarity” by Zedd feat. Foxes. Don’t know who Zedd is, or Foxes. Don’t care.
- I believe that a roach has crawled into the bottom of any can of soda left unattended for more than 2 minutes. It’s a long story why I believe that but I’m sure you can use your imagination to figure out why I’d have such a phobia. 🙁
- Even when a bathroom is easily accessible, I hold by pee until the last possible second.
- I love that I can hear beach birds from the parking lot of the hospital where I work. It makes working on a holiday weekend not so bad.
- I love Isla so much that it scares me a little.
That’s all I can think of for this installment!!! Plus I need to save some for next time!